History and Purpose
As a charitable service-based non-profit organization (NPO) educating and connecting the High Performance Computing (HPC) user community to state of art technology for the purpose of optimizing business processes and workforce advancement. Our technology focus includes AI/Machine Learning, Data Science, Cloud Computing, and Visualization utilized in applications ranging from Energy, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and Engineering, Financial Services, Academia, and Government.
The Society of HPC Professionals (SHPCP) is a Texas non-profit corporation established in 2009 to provide HPC professionals with an organization that:
- organizes and conducts open forum meetings that address the use, availability and evaluation of existing technology and
- introduces emerging technology to the HPC community.
Through several meetings and communications with interested HPC professionals the founding board of directors of the SHPCP agreed that:
1. The HPC community was seeking to establish an organization that looks to the practicing HPC professionals for direction,
2. Special interest group (SIG) meetings would be established to discuss topics defined by the members,
3. A Fall general user meeting would be part of the annual schedule,
4. Meeting presentations would be evaluated by the meeting attendees and the results published for review by the user community. This information would be used to guide the SHPCP in planning future meetings.
5. The user community would define the areas of interest to be considered as candidates for SIGs.
Considering the user inputs, SIG’s will be created to address the areas of interest defined by the membership. SIG meetings will be conducted according to one of the following:
· User- to -Vendor – to provide the users with the opportunity to let the vendors know the solutions they are seeking.
· Vendor- to -User – to provide the vendors with the opportunity to present the products/services that they can provide the users and the new technology that is being developed to address the user’s needs.
· User to User – to allow the users to share the information and technology that has produced success in their organizations and to define the new technology that is needed to support the enhanced solutions that the Industry will require.
· Vendor- to- Vendor – these meetings should provide the opportunity for vendors to discuss areas of common interest and possibly determine where partnering would assist in providing more attractive solutions to the user community. This should also provide an opportunity for the new companies providing emerging technology to generate interest with the established vendors.
SHPCP membership is open to all HPC professionals serving all industries. If you are interested in participating in the Society’s efforts to provide an organization that truly serves the needs of the HPC Community, please contact us!